2.20.2009

Christian Siriano for Payless

I'm desperately trying to keep up with the flurry of fashion week, reading everything I can get my grubby little hands on.

This news item though was just too much to share, courtesy of NYMag:



"Last December, Christian Siriano announced plans to debut an accessories line for Payless at Fashion Week. Well, rejoice, the wait is over. The designer premiered his line of Egyptian-inspired footwear (and some bags) at his show last night, full of spikes, chains, and cone heels. His color choices: Deep brown in matte leather (or probably pleather), patent chocolate, gold triangle heels, and aqua satin featuring a print that resembled hieroglyphics."


Yes I get that they look like Rodarte and YSL, but I, like millions of other women in this country, cannot afford Rodarte shoes. They seem a bit upper crust for Payless, and most likely will be insanely painful on the feet since you're not paying for comfort, but c'mon people!

No comments: