1.12.2009

Jerry Lee Lewis

So I watched this special this weekend that I DVRed called "The Rockabilly Legends: They called it Rockabilly Long Before they Called it Rock and Roll". It was really great in that it went past Elvis and Buddy Holly and talked about other singers of the era, like Gene Vincent and Dorsey Burnette, and how they changed the entire face of music. Apparently there was a book also - which seems to have really good reviews and be chock full of images - and not just the show I watched.

You can buy them both on Amazon here

but for now I figure I'd tribute the video of the week to the song that wouldn't quit in my head after the show had ended. I give you Jerry Lee Lewis "Whole Lotta Shakin' Going on"

2 comments:

Brian Jones said...

HOW GOOD WAS THIS!
I gotta get it on DVD I think.

Miss Power Bombshell herself said...

I loved this documentary it was really informative and fun to watch/listen I was bouncing around on the sofa to all the classics. And look at you Little Miss blogger, I am still getting threw all your great posts. Cheers Amanda