4.01.2009

polyvore

I think it's safe to say I'm officially addicted to polyvore. Who doesn't love the ability to not just shop online, but have all your favorite sites (and a few unknowns) all on one site where you can easily make outfits and not just buy them in pieces?

I like the ability to lay things out visually, even if most options - or at least ones I choose- are priced far out of reach. Think of it as a sort of inspiration board for those days when we all stare at a closet full of clothes and declare "I have nothing to wear" before resorting to a tried and true outfit.

My first jab at polyvore landed me with the below - an outfit that I would like to think I'd wear on one of these warm spring days that are finally heading our way in NYC. Since I don't do pictures of myself here (not yet at least) it's a fun way to get a peak into my wardrobe personality. I love to mix vintage with retro and a bit modern casual cool for a standard day of work or gallavanting around the city. And YES I'm ok with black and brown together, and with mixing shades of pink. In fact, this outfit would go great with my Revlon scented papaya nail polish I'm rocking as a change from the standard red with vintage manicure.

spring in nyc
spring in nyc by chancepinup featuring lutz tank tops

Though the sunglasses, shoes, and purse are crazy expensive, (I have a similar smaller one that is true vintage and came off ebay for only around $30), the tank, skirt and umbrella are easily within reach. Modcloth and Topshop (opening tomorrow in NYC!!!) are great places to hit up for inexpensive seperates that can be paired with some more expensive pieces in your wardrobe. As for the purse- search for vintage doctor bag on ebay or etsy and you're guaranteed to find at least one thing to tickle your fancy.

Expect more polyvore from me from here on out.

No comments: